The NJ Ukrainian Sitch SC was found in 1924 making us one of the oldest most historic soccer clubs in New Jersey. The club has a rich Ukrainian- American history beginning official play in the 1950s. The team debuted on August 19, 1956, competing in the "B" Division of the New Jersey State Soccer League for the 1956/57 season. The team continued to play in the NJJSL until it joined the German-American Soccer League, and later the American Soccer League. For the 1964/65 season, the team joined the "Super-League" Eastern Professional Soccer Conference, and after the EPSC folded at the end of its only season, the team returned to the ASL where it competed until the 1970/71 season when it joined the Schaefer League. After the Schaefer League disbanded in the late 70s the team joined the Garden State Soccer League where it has competed in various divisions and continues to do so today.
Throughout the club's early tenure, the "Newark Ukrainians" won several competitions, tournaments and titles, the most notable being the Lewis Cup in 1962/63 & the Schaefer League in 1970/71.
During the same time, the team also played a number of friendly matches against visiting international clubs including Legia Warsaw, Poland, Dirmersheim, Karlsruhe, Germany, Skelmersdale United, West Lancashire, England, TuS Sennelager, Sennelager, Germany, and Arminia Bielefeld, Germany.